Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feels Like Spring

Oh, I have been a bad blogger, I know. I try to stay on top of this thing but sometimes life just takes charge! We have had full days of work, homework, sickness, and maybe a little bit of fun squeezed in between. Because, seriously, the weather here in supposed Rainville has been downright amazing and we are stoked.

For instance, Super Bowl Sunday was a gloriously sunny and warm day, so to combat our Vitamin D deficiencies and vampire-like paleness, we hopped on our bikes and pedaled up to Washington Park's public tennis courts to hit some balls around. It was lovely.

Through the lush evergreens, you can peek out over the city, which was basking in the sunshine as well. Beyond, Mount Hood, which decidedly hid from my lame phone camera but you can just imagine it, k?

Peek-a-boo Portland!
D honing his tennis skillz
Hooray for blue sky and green trees!
Who can deny spring is in the air when these beauties are crawling the fences?
 Tennis one of the only sports in which Davis and I are actually pretty well-matched, so it was fun to hit the courts together. Plus the exercise was justification for all the Super Bowl-related food that we ate later that evening at our building's party. Davis whipped up some super cute mini pigs-in-a-blanket and I threw together some of ma-in-law Connie's famous Butterscotch cookies. Both were well-received : )

Otherwise, we're keepin it real around here! Hope everyone is having a great start to their February.
I'll try not to be so long gone next time! xo

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better. Happy early Valentines Day.

    Love
    Ma/C

    ReplyDelete