Oh blog-o-sphere, I've missed you so. Let me start by revealing that I have been swallowed up in a deep well of homework and craziness for the past three weeks and honestly, once that blog train gets held up for a few days, it's hard to jump back on. But alas! Like a hobo with his sack of secrets tied onto a stick, I have snuck back into the boxcar and hope to ride steadily from now on. Stretching too much with that metaphor? Eh, oh well. Anyway, hey! Is anybody still reading this?
That's cool, we've been keeping ourselves busy here in Portlandia, and elsewhere. Since we last spoke, Mom and Dad came back from exploring other parts of the NW for Round 2, which began with a visit to Mount Rainier. We hung out for a few days, I started school (which is awesome), Davis got hit by a car on his bike after work one day (he's okay, don't worry), we squeezed in a quick weekend in Vegas (because, why not?), and have been enjoying meeting new friends and trying to be outside as much as possible to soak up the last rays of summer (which I think have gone away, as of yesterday). Whew, I'm dizzy. Allow me to give you a photo tour of our September thus far.



Mount Rainier was pretty dang cool. Snow had melted enough for the lovely wildflowers to sneak up for a few weeks before the cold season starts again. We hit it on a gorgeous clear day, and had a nice little hike around. In other news, Davis biked the steep 3600ft up the mountain while we cruised up in the car. Silly Davis. But hooray! That was a fun day.
Mom and Dad stayed for a couple more nights, we did some other fun stuff, and were glad to have had such nice weather for their visit. (next three photos are courtesy of Mr. Tim T. himself)
 |
| Ma and me cheesin' at the Columbia River Gorge |
 |
| Red Davis tearin' up another bike race |
 |
| And there's gotta be more food cart action |
We also made sure to make a visit to our neighbor brewery for some obligatory Portland beer drinkin'. Mom was a champ.
 |
| Bridgeport binge |
Good times, folks. Sooo let's see, school started the day before they left- and I can officially consider myself a bike commuter-- although likely a fair-weather one. fortunately it's been sunny every day since school began so I have been able to ride high and dry. I'm lovin it. School too. So many sweet people and I'm really digging what I'm learning. Who'da thought?
So that's been keeping me busy, to say the least, but it's all good. And ah yes, Davis got hit by a car. Some dude made a right turn over the bike lane and Davis slammed into him. Just a little trip to the ER, no biggie. Really though, he's okay-- a bit bruised and his bike kinda wonked, but insurance is a lovely thing. Especially when it was the other guy's fault.
Vegas? Yes indeed. We had a quick 3-day weekend there. We found that we are not really Vegas people but it was fun to check out all the extravagant hotels and casinos, eat some delicious food and enjoy a mini vacation (thanks Randy!).
 |
| The strip at night |
 |
| The Eiffel Tower! |
 |
| Inside Paris, oui oui |
 |
| Paris, you charmed me |
 |
| Fist bump for the gorilla |
 |
| Vegas keeps its secrets by posting them on billboards |
 |
| Faux New York in all its glory...overlooked by the MGM lion |
 |
| And a little trip to Venice, to round it all out : ) |
There you have it! Photo overload? Sorry. We are settling in for a Sunday full of football, homework, and cooking with kale and quinoa. Yeah, we're those people. But don't worry, Portland hasn't turned us vegan...yet.
I'm going to shoot for at least one post a week now in my new school schedule, try and hold me to that, would ya? Oh, and HAPPY AUTUMN! I couldn't possibly be more stoked about the return of pumpkin season. Brace yourselves.
Welcome back!!! I missed you. Looks like you've been having fun, except for the car/bike accident.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Autumn. We've had Portland weather around here, rain, rain and more rain.
Connie
thanks! good to be back...and to know that at least one person reads this ; )sorry about all the rain-- we'll have plenty more for you when you come out in november. we're excited!
ReplyDelete