So I wasn't going to post about the product of our weekend's acquired butternut squash but the soup that it became the delicious star of ended up too fabulous to keep to myself. It's a perfect healthy, hearty fall soup for these chilly days.
Also, it's an Emeril Lagasse. BAM. You can find it here. Okay, so I healthified it a bit by using smoked turkey sausage and cutting out the cream completely-- totally doesn't need it, the roasted squash makes it super creamy and delicious. Also omitted the parsley but that's just because we didn't have any and I didn't feel like going back to the store. Anyway! You guys should seriously try this stuff, Davis freaking loved it and he doesn't even like soup.
I will warn you that I spent 2.5 hours on it-- peeling, cutting, and roasting a butternut squash is quite the process...but it's all worth it for the amount of leftovers now happily inhabiting our freezer.
Happy eating, everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment