Saturday, November 19, 2011

Time Flies

Sorry for my lack of updates this week- school has been busier than ever and time has gotten away from me...but I'm excited and in disbelief that Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Where did this month go?

Ah, anyway, I have a bunch of random pictures to share with you today, as a reflection of my scattered state of mind as of late. Enjoy!

First of all...a huge boat! I mean, this thing caught me by surprise. As I was biking home from school last week, this honker had crept in and was docked right between our two main commuting bridges in town. I've seen boats on the river before but this one was pretty darn big. And cool. Portland living up to its name.

And then, because we are not ashamed, here is a photo I snapped upon the completion of a 2,000 piece puzzle of Times Square...we might as well be grandparents. Puzzles are pretty rad, but we were quite ready to re-claim our coffee table after this beast was done.

And, in case you weren't aware (or are in denial), Christmas time is coming! On our way to the market this morning, we passed our neighborhood park where a huge Christmas tree has recently gone up. I was seriously pumped at first, until we took a closer look and realized that...it's fake. Really, Pacific Northwest? You are known for your divine evergreens. Oh well, it'll look real purty covered in lights.
Doesn't that just liven your Christmas spirit? Hehe, alright hope everybody has a great pre-Thanksgiving weekend. We are excited and busy preparing for Davis' family to fly in for the holiday. Cross your fingers that it doesn't rain the whole time they're here : )

And on another note- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POPS! That's right, the old man is even older...but sweeter than ever. Remember that year when I flew home from Boulder to surprise you on your big day?
 Yeah, couldn't make that happen this year, but I'll see you in a month! I'll have a couple drinks for you tonight. Love you lots! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment