Okay. I did it. I went back to the Grilled PBJ cart. It's my birthday week, what? After the mind-blowing Spicy Thai PBJ tastebud invasion depicted here, I had to try one of their sweet varieties. I can't really justify eating one of these on a normal day, but my birthday is tomorrow so I had to make it happen.
I opted for "The Joy" which consists of their homemade dark chocolate spread, coconut filling, and almond butter between two slices of challah bread. Seriously people, these sandwiches are something you want to share with a hungry friend...I wish they sold them by the half! It was oozing melted chocolate and almond butter all over the place. Reasonable balance of sweet and salty, not quite enough coconut for my liking, but overall a rich and delicious treat-- worthy of a week-long birthday celebration : )
I had been biking all over the city for the past 3 hours so I totally deserved to scarf the whole thing down. While sitting on a curb. In a surprise rain storm. Oh, I'm such a hardy Portlandian ; ) Anyway, hope everybody is having a great week!



Happy Birthday!!!!! Glad you spent your last day as a 24 year old in a more reasonable fashion than Davis. See you really soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy Bastille Day! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! Hard to believe 25 years ago, you were a 10 pound, 5 ounce golden butterball and the talk of the hospital! Fun times, happy memories, sweet daughter! We love you, ma and pa
ReplyDeleteI want one of those PB&J's!
ReplyDeleteOh, and happy birthday!
Gahhh...Thanks a lot Emily... I am now going to have to break my diet and attempt to make one of those. Looks worth it though :)
ReplyDelete<3 Tori