Saturday, May 5, 2012

Back from the Whirlwind

Happy Cinco de Drinko weekend to everyone! I finally have a moment to catch my breath after a crazy 4-day weekend back home in RVA to celebrate my dear friend Ann's wedding as well as nail down many details for my own. It was so nice to see so many of my missed east coast people!

After returning to Portland late Sunday evening, I jumped right back into my last 2 days of student teaching then back to my own school where I have been studying like a mad woman for my written exams which are at the end of next week. Phew! Needless to say, this lazy Saturday morning is exactly what the doctor ordered. Especially since the afternoon/evening promise to be filled with Cinco de Mayo festivities and *maybe* some tequila. Yessir!

Anyway, just wanted to share a couple of highlights from the weekend away...

We squeezed in a visit to the beautiful Rice House where Davis and I are excited to tie the knot in less than 7 weeks! Here's a sneak peak. 

I also celebrated a bachelorette evening with sweet Ann and got to spent time with many of my girlfriends...
The bride-to-be decked out for a night on the town
The looong table for Ann's many friends : )
Still good friends since freshman year of high school (or before)!
Then spent most of the rest of the days TCB for my big day before celebrating Ann's! She and new hubby Travis wore huge smiles the entire evening and their happiness was hard to miss. Love them! Also loved more time with my girls enjoying the festivities and gettin' down on the dance floor. Here's me with 2 of my beautiful bridesmaids.
Such a great time. Now it's back to work to ace those exams! Hope everyone has a fiesta-filled weekend. Love from us to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment