Well folks, even though summer just started for most people, I am already getting back into school mode...It's been so long (gasp! over 3 years!) since I've been in school, I feel like it's going to be a process to mentally prepare myself for classes in the fall. I thought a good place to start is by surrounding myself with books. Maybe the intellect will just seep into my brain? I got an Oregon library card, for starters. It's pretty rad- the downtown library is huge and quiet and full of marble and smells deliciously of old books. Added bonus-- it's really close to a bangin' pod of food carts ; ) Hey, a girl's gotta fuel her brain!
Anyway, the other motherlode book central in Portland is the famed Powell's City of Books, which is the largest used and new bookstore in the world. It takes up a whole city block and houses over a million books on its shelves at any given moment. You can sell your stuff to them too. Basically, it's a sweet way to spend some time if you are interested in...anything.
I went there this afternoon in search of some Montessori reading matter. I found plenty of that and then some...
I mean, there are 3500 different sections of books. This place is nuts! I eventually pried myself away, but luckily it's a pretty easy walk there from the apartment so I'm sure I'll become a regular.
Pardon the blurry photo, be still my nerdily excited hands! Sigh. So what if I was in the games section? It's right next to the kid's section...aaand the cookbooks.
Okay, I'm gonna go dive into some pages, hope everybody had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment