It's official. I am a true Portlander now. I have a bike! Portland has been voted by numerous sources the "Most Bike-Friendly City" in the country, so what better place to park the car and hop on my new two-wheeled pal? Especially since Davis is already insane cyclist man, I had to try my best the keep up. Biking is definitely a fun and efficient way to get around the city though, last night we took a quick ride up to the International Rose Test Garden in the West Hills where city views and lovely flowers abound. It was getting dark so we couldn't stay long, but had to capture my first ride with my *soon to be named* bike-- any suggestions?

Okay, ignore my dorkaliciousness, this picture is all about the bike : ) While you're pondering that, I will share some photos of my most recent adventure. Today has been quite possibly the most gorgeous since I've been here, so I decided to take the newb out for a spin. In my travels, I discovered a beautifully hilly and verdant neighborhood that I couldn't stop snapping sketchy pictures of.
 |
Oh, the landscaping!
 |
| Views of the city and mountains in the distance, this home just won my heart. |
|
|
| |
| If this were the door to my garage, I should think I were in paradise. |
 |
| Hard to resist this green greeting as you ascend the stairs... |
 |
| This one could be yours! Who wouldn't love climbing those stairs every day? |
Each steep road I turned down appeared a more charming abode and stunning greenery to match. And, oh! Hello Mt. Saint Helens! Where have you been hiding?
That's all for now, and Happy Birthday to my lovely mom! I'll have a shot of tequila for ya tonight, ma ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment