Sunday, August 14, 2011

Busytown

Hey dudes, sorry the posts have been few and far between lately-- I have been super busy all week nannying for two cute little guys who fully exhaust me every day AND we've had one of the busiest weekends on record, thus leaving me with little time to reflect on the happenings of late. I will gladly sit down now and try to re-cap.

For starters, Monday I got in my first car accident (and for the record, it was totally the other driver's fault)-- no injuries or anything, except to the front of the Volvo, who is waiting patiently for repairs even though I've still been driving her to work every day. Dealing with insurance companies is not the most exciting way to spend your free time, but I'm grateful because it could have been a lot worse.

Tuesday, Davis had yet another bike race, and he finished 2nd! It was pretty awesome, looked like a tough group of riders, I was impressed, as usual. You should see this dude out there.

Friday, we were lucky enough to score free tickets to see k.d. lang and the Siss Boom Bang play at the Oregon Zoo-- thanks to our good family friend and the extremely talented Daniel Clarke who is rockin' keys and backup vocals for k.d. these days. It was an amazing show and a beautiful venue (right next to the elephants! What more could you ask for?) and we got to hang out with Daniel and a bunch of other nice folks backstage after the show. Lovely way to wrap up the week. 
Yesterday was a full day of Farmer's Marketing, city exploration and taking on the city by foot, and THEN this morning Davis took me on a 47 mile bike ride...My body is still in shock. It was a beautiful day for it, we headed NE to Troutdale which is a cute little town near the Columbia River and is called the "Gateway to the Gorge" because it's located at the entrance to the historic highway taking you into the Columbia River Gorge which is where all the beautiful waterfalls are. We went there last summer and it was pretty amazing.

Anyway, the ride was good but definitely exhausting at a nearly non-stop 3.5 hours, so I felt absolutely no guilt heading to the Bite of Oregon food festival after we got home and indulging in some delicious offerings. Can you say 2 different kinds of wood fired pizza, marionberry pie, and free chocolate? Yum. I think Davis and I agree, though, that the best part of the whole scenario was the ridiculous abundance of free sample-giving going on. We have enough bars to sustain us into the new year.
Holla! Good weekend folks, good weekend. Is an 8:30pm bedtime unreasonable? I think not.

5 comments:

  1. My legs hurt just thinking about this! Glad you could hang in with the D-man, who could be training for bike Olympics! Just read a report that said (as we all know) exercise boosts brain power, so the folks at his job should be pretty pleased! Have a happy week, see you real soon, xoxoxoxo maw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos for keeping up with the next Lance Armstrong (does that make you Lancetta?) I'm surprised you didn't need a nap!

    So glad you weren't hurt in the car accident. Hope the insurance companies work it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and marionberry pie? Really? You probably don't remember Marion Berry,erstwhile Mayor of DC, famous for drug use, cronyism, and the quote "B*tch set me up." I'd rather have the pie, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not familiar with this marion berry character but i will tell you that this pie was to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mean 4.7 miles?
    We didn't drive 47 miles last weekend.
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete