Hey dudes, hope everybody had a swell weekend and that it isn't completely sweltering wherever you are...Davis has informed me that the July heatwave broke over 9,000 heat records across the country. We are so sorry. We are living it up in luxurious upper 70's around here, in fact, this morning we were chilly in hoodies. Life is good.
So good, in fact, that Davis has officially taken the Northwestern cycling scene by storm (basically overnight) and scored a first place victory on Saturday in a mixed category road race-- beating a bunch of dudes who have been racing for years and making this sidelines cheerleader hella proud! Let's check out a few photos of the momentous Saturday in Longview, WA shall we?
 |
| Red in a sea of green...easy to spot |
 |
| Leading the pack, thatta boy |
 |
| Winners podium! Full of smiles |
 |
| Posing for the paparrazzi |
 |
| Flowers, a medal, and $50? Yessir |
As if one race wasn't enough for the weekend, we headed down to Albany, OR this morning for another. Davis tore it up again, didn't win first place but still put up a good fight in a huge pack and a narrow course...go D!
Race travel has pretty much been the story of our weekend, and now that I've started nannying for a couple of weeks, there is very little time to do much else. There is plenty more summer fun to be had, though! Friday night our neighborhood hosts a professional bike race (are you sensing a theme here?) which we're pretty excited about, then there's a food and wine festival downtown we'll hit up Saturday, and we're hoping to tackle some of the many hiking trails nearby as well. Plus finishing our decor projects! Only one more item to go...I'll keep you posted.
Have a great week, everybody!
Congrats to Davis! Loved the paparazzi picture; don't let it go to your head. I envy your weather; it's been HOT and MUGGY here.
ReplyDeletea resounding round of applause from the Richmond fanbase...could we say give the boy a hand? I guess not.
ReplyDeletethat paparazzi picture is the funniest thing ever. Also it looks like my mom, which makes it even funnier.
ReplyDeletePS I've read all your posts, I'm a terrible commenter. Your place is looking great! Love the glass table choice!!