Our little grey couch now feels significantly more loved. I know because I heard it whispering "thank you" last night while it partied with its two new blue friends. That's right...I finally got around to making pillow covers and adding some color to the situation. Probably the most cost efficient project ever, considering that buying pillows can cost anywhere from $20-$50 a piece and I think I spent maybe $10 on fabric (of which I still have a bunch left). Here they are!
Yeah you like their little green polka dot friend? That was my first (extremely frustrating...just ask Davis) project a few weeks ago. It's only slightly ridiculous looking, right? It's kind of the laughing stock of our living room, but in a good way.
Anywho, we are also really enjoying our new dining table/chair scenario-- it's fun to be able to sit in the window and check out all the goings-on in the city. We were kind of skeptical of the glass table at the beginning but now that we're using it, we're realizing that anything else would have just obstructed our view, so we're feeling good about it.
Here's what I cooked up for dinner last night-- oven roasted local zucchini and cherry tomatoes over chicken breasts and cous cous. Yum! I'm going to be sad when all of the delicious local produce is no longer in season, so I'm trying to take advantage of it now. Long live summer!
Mom and Dad get here in 2 days! Our first visitors. I've got plenty of good stuff planned, so Portland will win them over too. Much like it will win YOU over when come visit ; ) Think about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment